General Data Protection Regulation
What is the purpose of this notice?
Cresta Manufacturing Company (Huddersfield) Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This notice describes how we collect and use your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“).
Cresta Manufacturing Company (Huddersfield) Ltd. is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal data. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to you in relation to signing up to our newsletter, a purchase, or by corresponding with us by email or telephone. We may update this notice at any time in which case we will make available the new notice at www.scallywagkids.co.uk. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal data, so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law in relation to your personal data. This law says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes of information and supply and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary or until you opt out of receiving information from us.
- Kept securely.
The Kind of Personal Data We Hold About You
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data relating to you:
- Your contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers & email address.
- By visiting our website we may automatically collect information including the IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed & length of time spent.
How We Will Use Personal Data About You
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you give your consent to processing.
- Where you must provide personal data for us to fulfill our agreement to supply, for delivery and identification purposes. We may not be able to perform the agreement without such data.
- To notify you of any changes to our products and services or additional products and services that you may be interested in. You may exercise your right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by email to: email@example.com or call: 01924 900575.
We may have to share your personal data with third parties, including, & without limitation, third-party service providers and our website providers. We require third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We take our responsibilities seriously and have strict procedures to help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal details.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can find out more about your rights in relation to your personal data at www.ico.org.uk.
Please note that you have rights to obtain a copy of your personal data and in certain situations to obtain correction, erasure and restriction of processing of your personal data. You have a right of data portability.
Where processing is based on your consent you have a right to withdraw this at any time.
You can opt-out of our processing of your personal data to the extent that such processing is not required for us to exercise our rights or to discharge our obligations under the product guarantee.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. Please re-visit this page to view any updates.